As we all stuck in the Corona Virus Quarantine, this would be the perfect time to write my thoughts about it. I am from India, and i have a permanent job in Middle East. For past two years, i’ve been away from home and i finally came back on early this month for a vacation of 2 months. I think it is safe to say my sabbatical is ruined. By the time i finished the initial 14 days self quarantine the virus spread rapidly. Now we all in 21 days lock down. Now i am in my house 24 hours with family. I am not complaining or anything. I know it is inevitable for the current scenario.
If you ever read any of my article you know i write original articles like what ifs along with researched articles. I thought being in the lock down will help me to encourage my writings. But on the contrary, i think being completely idle made me more lazy. Its like i can’t be bother to work with my brain along with other body parts. I know there are a lot of people working from home and doing something to pass time, but i am sure there will be at least some people that think the same way as me. Passing time through reading only memes about Corona Virus.
The reason i am writing all this is because it is very easy. I don’t have to brain storm any ideas or have to think too much. It take zero efforts. I just write what is happening. I know it sounds like i am making excuses but at least i am being honest.
So today i will take this time to recommend to you three movies to watch a book to read a show to binge watch. Although i will not recommend watching all this in one day.
Virus (2019 – Lang : Malayalam)
- The state of Kerala in India faces a tremendous outbreak of life-threatening Nipah virus. A group of courageous individuals risk their life in an attempt to curb the epidemic. The movie is based of the Nipah virus outbreak happened in Kerala in 2018. After the Corona virus outbreak i got a lot of recommendation to watch the 2013 Korean film The Flu. The Flu is not well researched and the story is not engaging. Unlike Virus, The Flu is not an original story. Virus is available in Amazon Prime.
Marriage Story (2019)
- Noah Baumbach’s Marriage story is an Oscar nominated film in 2019. It is about a couple going through the divorce. Adam Driver and Scarlett Johansson gives fine performances as the couple. If you are a fan of Drama you will definitely enjoy Marriage Story. It will be great movie to watch as a family in quarantine. Marriage Story is available on Netflix.
- If you have any kids at home Klaus will be an outstanding movie to watch while quarantine. Unlike other animated movies, Klaus is 2D animated. The story is outstanding. Klaus is about a postman posted to a frozen town in the North where he discovers Santa Claus. I had zero expectations when i first watched it but it had lasting effect even after the credits. It will be a perfect movie to watch with kids in quarantine. Klaus is available on Netflix.
Dark (2017 – Lang : German)
- Dark is the first German original series produced for Netflix. The story starts at the missing of a young boy from the small town of Germany. By the search for the kid the show exposes sinful pasts, double life and fractured relationships that exist among the families. The mystery-drama introduces an intricate puzzle filled with twists that includes a web of curious characters.As well as being a mystery-drama Dark is also a sci-fi show. It includes time travels and other supernatural elements. Dark has the most complicated way of telling a story. Even though it is complicated, somehow the show makes sense, how many movies and TV shows about time travel can say that. Dark has two seasons with a total of 18 episodes. All episodes are available on Netflix.
Looking for Alaska by John Green
- John Green’s Looking for Alaska is about a group of teens studying in a Boarding school. The characters and the plot are grounded in John Green’s life, while the story itself is fictional. Miles Halter, a teenage boy obsessed with last words, leaves his normal high school in Florida to attend Culver Creek Preparatory High School in Alabama for his junior year. Looking for Alaska has received both positive reviews and attempts at censorship in multiple school districts. The book talks about different educational institutions and how teens deals with grief. It will be a perfect book to read if you like teen dramas. Even though HULU adapted it as a series, it will be worth to read the book. The book is available as audio in Audiable.
I hope my recommendations help you get through the quarantine and and i hope you found this helpful. I will publish my next list of recommendations soon. If you gave any recommendations for me, feel free to comment. Let me know the feedback of my recommendations.
Stay Home and Stay Safe